Day 1: Athens
Meet after lunch in the lobby to begin.
We will be staying in a centrally located hotel. After you arrive and get settled we will explore Athens, the Plaka and the National Archeological Museum in Athens.
Welcome Dinner at a restaurant in the Ancient Plaka.
Day 2: Fly to Kythera & Explore
Each morning begins with yoga and meditation along with breakfast.
Today we will continue exploring Athens. We will explore the Acropolis and Parthenon, as well as the new, remarkable world-class New Acropolis Museum. http://www.theacropolismuseum.gr/en
Dinner on your own this evening. Pack and be ready for our flight to the island of Kythera Monday a.m.
Day 2 to 7
Round trip flight from Athens to Kythera and return.
Beautiful accomodations at the seaside hotel, Hotel Aphrodite, for five nights. http://www.pelagia-aphrodite.com/en/
Yoga Classes will be a mixture of all levels as well as restorative yoga. The class will be adapted to fit the overall needs/level of the students. Each day meditation practice will be offered as well.
Each day we will explore another section of the island balancing adventure with time for rest and renewal.
What our retreat on Kythera includes:
- Daily breakfast at hotel with fresh local offerings.
- Daily yoga and meditation practice.
- Several hikes to beautiful island areas including ancient site of Aphrodite's Rising, secluded beaches, medieval castles and Byzantine ruins.
- Visit the Monastery of the Black Madonna.
- Hike to refreshing waterfalls and enchanting villages.